ClarkConnect is a powerful yet easy-to-use software solution for deploying and managing dedicated servers and Internet gateways.
Thanks to the power of open source software, this Linux-based solution is a secure, extremely reliable and cost effective solution.
ClarkConnect is a specialist CentOS-based distribution for routers, gateways and firewalls. ClarkConnect 5.x represents Point Clark Networks' most significant platform release. Thousand hours of research, software development, integration and testing have been invested in the 5.x feature set. ClarkConnect Community Edition 5.x replaces the old Home Edition.
Highlights include: upgrade to CentOS 5.x; complete LDAP integration; protocol filtering; improved bandwidth management; mail quarantine; improved Windows integration (roaming profiles, recycle bin support, file auditing). Version 5.x supports upgrades from ClarkConnect 4.x and later. Upgrades from earlier versions are not supported. When you run the ClarkConnect installer, make sure you select the upgrade option. The 5.0 release is a major operating system upgrade, so it is not possible to perform the upgrade on a live system.
Minimum Hardware Spec:
- Processor/CPU - 5 Users - Min 200 MHz. 5-10 Users Min 750 MHz. Pentium, Celeron, AMD.
- Memory/RAM - At least 256mb is recommended for 5 Users. Min 512mb for 5-10 Users.
- Hard Disk - At least 1 GB is recommended
- CD-ROM Drive - Required for installation only
- Video Card - Any video card
- Broadband - Ethernet, cable, or DSL connection
- Network Cards - PCI, ISA or PCMCIA Wireless